Friday, December 21, 2012

secondstring: being a substitute as distinguished from a regular, a backup

I thought long and hard about what I could use as a title when referring to myself and other moms in my position. I have always found it almost insulting to refer to my mom as my step mom.  She is far too diserving to have such generic title. When speaking about my kids I never utter the word step kids. I don't think of them as my "step kids" or "my husband's kids". They are my kids! I am their primary care giver. I do all the dirty and often unappreciated jobs that are required for raising children. When I knew I would marry my husband and commit to him for the rest of my life I also knew that I would vow to love and accept responsibility for these kids for the rest of my life. I did just that and it hasn't been the easiest of jobs but it is rewarding. And above all I know that I am doing exactly what God has prepared me to do, exactly where God has guided me to be. I am fulfilling my calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment